Join Our Team
Our commitment to helping students realize their full potential and make a difference in the world extends to our outstanding faculty and staff.
Our teachers have the passion and expertise to inspire student learning in the four pillars of academics, arts, athletics, and service. They understand the significant role they play as leaders, mentors, and role models, both in and outside of the classroom. At Southridge, we take a student - centred approach to teaching and learning by providing opportunities for authentic, experiential learning across our curriculum. Our programs and culture foster the development of leadership, character, and skills that enable our students to realize their full potential.
Junior School (K-7)
Uses the International Baccalaureate (IB) program to deliver course content
Senior School (8-12)
Uses a specially - designed Senior School Education Program (SSEP) with the Harkness Philosophy.
Our staff are experts in their fields and skillfully manage the administration of the school. All enjoy being part of a vibrant and diverse community of students, parents, teachers and staff who have a shared purpose, care about each other, and live by a set of common values (see our Guiding Principles).
Southridge is a great place to work. We are a community of learners and our support for, and financial investment in, professional development ensures our employees are always growing, both professionally and personally. We take a holistic approach to our team members’ well-being, offering regular opportunities to stay active, socialize with peers, and give back to the broader community.
Since our founding, we have affectionately been described as 'a lighthearted place of serious purpose' and we want you to know…it’s true! While we are wholeheartedly committed to fulfilling our mission, we believe in having fun while doing it.
Continue reading to learn more about what Southridge has to offer...
MAKE A DIFFERENCE
- Work in an environment that fosters the development of strong minds and good hearts
- Help students realize their potential so they can make the world a better place
- Join a community that believes 'contribution is at the heart of what we inherit & what we pass on'
- Competitive compensation (for teaching positions, we pay faculty 4% above the Vancouver School District)
- Comprehensive benefits package (including dental, extended health/healthcare and/or taxable spending account, life insurance, travel insurance etc.) Sick days, pregnancy leave top up, holiday breaks & vacation time for non-teaching staff.
- Generous RRSP matching program (up to 7%)
Learn & Grow
- Comprehensive onboarding program
- Unparalleled access to professional development
- International travel opportunities for service & learning initiatives
- Learning and development opportunities via various communities (eg. environmental stewardship, pluralism, health and safety)
Campus & Amenities
- Beautiful 17-acre vibrant coastal campus with over 100,000 sq. ft. of first class facilities in South Surrey
- Classrooms equipped with some of the ‘latest & greatest’ technology
- Convenient location with popular shopping centres & restaurants nearby
- Free parking
Community & Culture
- Inclusive & diverse community - read about our commitment to pluralism
- A close, caring & connected community
- ‘A lighthearted place of serious purpose’
- Fun & frequent social events for staff & faculty
- Life events celebrated by our sunshine club
- Length of service recognized
Health & Wellness
- Access to school gyms, fitness facilities & library system
- Weekly health & wellness activities
- Access to lifeworks - our employee & family assistance program
- Access to the mindfulness app "Headspace"
If you are inspired to make a difference and thrive in a collaborative learning environment, please view the openings listed below to see if there is a position that’s right for you.
We are always looking for talented and dedicated people to join our team! Please check back often for exciting new opportunities.