Southridge is a co-ed, independent day school located in South Surrey, BC with 688 students enrolled in Kindergarten through Grade 12. Our mission is to develop well-rounded students with the love of learning, integrity, character, and confidence to realize their full potential and make a difference in the world.
Southridge has affectionally been described as ‘a lighthearted place of serious purpose’ and we want you to know…it’s true! If you’re interested in working in an energizing environment with a team of dedicated professionals who like to work hard and have fun, please keep reading…
If you’re a passionate and creative educator who is committed to leading and directing both group and individualized activities and experiences for students, Kindergarten through Grade 7, we invite you to apply to the part-time Homework Club Instructor position, that will run after school, working from 2:30 pm to 6:00 pm. We are accepting applications with the following qualifications:
- Early Childhood Educator – Homework Club Instructor
- Child and Youth Care – Homework Club Instructor
- Responsible Adult - Homework Club Instructor
POSITION AND OVERVIEW:
Reporting to the Manager, School Extension Programs the Homework Clubs Instructor’s role is to lead and direct a range of group and individualized activities and experiences that are developmentally appropriate and interesting to children between 5 and 12yrs old in and outside the classroom. The instructor will be required to work independently, under the direction of the Manager, while managing the day to day procedures of the program. The successful applicant will have a strong understanding of child development and guiding/ caring techniques.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead, direct, and assess developmentally appropriate activities and experiences
- Ensure guidance of children’s behaviour that encourages positive self-concept
- Ensure the child’s environment is healthy and safe
- Ensure positive communication with families
- Contribute to the ongoing operations of the centre
- ECE License to practice or Child and Youth Care Student or 20 hours of Responsible Adult Certification
- Experience working with children in a childcare/ recreational setting
- Current Emergency Child Care First Aid & CPR Certificate
- Medical Clearance
- Satisfactory completion of a criminal record check
- Friendly and professional and possess a positive attitude
- Reliable, accountable and dependable
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficient in organization and time management
- Sound judgment in difficult situations
- Must enjoy working in a fast-paced, challenging and changing work environment
- Ability to work independently and exercise initiative
- Ability to supervise peers
- Strong problem solving and multitasking ability
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
Southridge offers a competitive salary and benefits package. Preferred candidates will be required to complete a satisfactory Criminal Records Check.
To apply for this position, please visit our 'How to Apply' page for step-by-step instructions on submitting an application through our online system. The closing date for this posting is October 10, 2019.
To learn more about our school, explore our website: southridge.bc.ca.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those under consideration will be contacted.