Southridge is a co-ed, K – 12 independent day school located in South Surrey, BC. The school is home to 680 students and 130 faculty and staff. We have a tradition of developing well rounded students with a balance of knowledge and goodness, inspiring students to go out into the world and make a difference.
Southridge is affectionately described as ‘a lighthearted place of serious purpose’ and we want you to know…it’s true! If you’re passionate about working in an energizing environment with colleagues that value building strong relationships, fostering strong minds and good hearts through student-centered teaching and learning, and community all while having fun, we want to hear from you!
Human Resources Coordinator – Part-time (.60 FTE)
We are currently inviting applications for the part-time position of Human Resources Coordinator.
The Human Resources Coordinator is a generalist role and provides administrative support to a wide variety of human resources functions and initiatives. The role is actively involved in recruiting, onboarding, training, health and wellness, occupational health & safety and responding to internal requests, all in support of school’s mission, vision, and values.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide assistance and consistency in relation to the recruitment and selection process including:
- Creating or revising and tracking job descriptions.
- Creating and publishing job postings on various websites and social media platforms.
- Assist with the selection of resumes for appropriate candidates, including scheduling and coordinating interviews for hiring committees.
- Assist with reference and criminal record checking and candidate follow up to ensure an exceptional candidate experience.
- Welcome new employees to the school by assisting with and participating in the orientation & on-boarding process.
- Coordinate and track annual mandatory training for all employees such as first aid, concussion and other training requirements such as student safety and respectful workplace training.
- Update new employee profiles in the HR Module of Payworks.
- Recommend and assist with “best practices” that support a great work environment using techniques such as employee surveys.
- Coordinate resources for addressing and resolving employee relations requests and inquiries.
- Create and maintain secure and confidential HR record-keeping and documentation in hard copy and digital.
- Coordinate and update faculty and staff handbooks under the guidance of the HR Director
- Provide information, guidance, and resources to staff regarding school policies, procedures, and benefits information
Human Resources Administration:
- Prepare statistical HR Metric reports to highlight recruitment, turnover and demographic trends etc.
- Plan and coordinate health and wellness activities for faculty and staff
- Update the organizational chart to ensure that it reflects the current structure and roles
- Track the performance evaluation process for new faculty and staff
- Assist with planning and preparing staff social events
- Prepare all correspondence for departing staff, maternity & medical leaves and/or resignations
- As a member of the health and safety committee prepare minutes and agendas for monthly meetings
- Assists the HR Director with preparing annual salary notification letters and new employee contracts
- Coordinate reception coverage for the Junior and Senior School and provide occasional lunch coverage as required
- Coordinate and attend offsite Teacher Job Fairs i.e., UBC
- Assist with other duties, responsibilities and projects as assigned
- Post-Secondary Diploma combined with 2 to 3 years of work experience in Human Resources or an equivalent combination of education or experience.
- Working towards Charted Professional Human Resources CPHR designation is an asset
- Basic knowledge of employment law and occupational health and safety
- Good working knowledge of databases and websites and proficiency in various computer applications i.e. Microsoft Office applications, G-suite, Outlook and Canva
- Strong organizational, administrative, and interpersonal skills
- The ability to prioritize assignments, meet deadlines, and multi-task with attention to detail
- The ability to work both independently and cooperatively as part of a team
- The ability to manage and maintain highly confidential information
- Good verbal /written communication skills
- Flexibility to take on other administrative and HR duties as required
- Engage in school functions, events and meetings
The ideal candidate will be aligned with the values and mission of Southridge, will want to be an active member of a vibrant school community, and will demonstrate a desire to make a difference in the world. They will be someone who:
- Is a lifelong learner
- Has excellent study, critical thinking, and communication skills
- Is a creative and independent thinker
- Has a positive attitude
- Seeks their passion
- Believes in the value of trust, tolerance, compassion, and respect
- Understands the sacrifice and reward of community service
- Has an appreciation of, and a desire for, lifelong physical activity and fitness
- Commits to personal wellness
- Appreciates the arts and their contribution to a richer life
- Can work effectively as part of a team
Southridge offers a competitive salary. In addition, we have a comprehensive benefits package, a generous RRSP matching program, access to health and wellness activities including generous support for professional learning and development.
To learn more about our school, explore our website: southridge.ca.
To apply for this position, please visit our 'How to Apply' page for step-by-step instructions on submitting an application through our online system. This posting will remain open until filled.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those under consideration will be contacted.