Southridge is a co-ed, independent day school located in South Surrey, BC with 688 students enrolled in Kindergarten through Grade 12. Our mission is to develop well-rounded students with the love of learning, integrity, character and confidence to realize their full potential and make a difference in the world.
Southridge has affectionally been described as ‘a lighthearted place of serious purpose’ and we want you to know…it’s true! If you’re interested in working in an energizing environment with a team of dedicated professionals who like to work hard and have fun, please keep reading…
RECORDS MANAGEMENT/ARCHIVIST (PERMANENT, PART-TIME)
We are currently seeking applicants for a part-time, one day per week, Records Manager/Archivist. Please note: The school is flexible in terms of the day worked and will also consider a short term contract working 2 – 3 days per week.
The Records Manager/Archivist works as part of the Southridge community and manages information and documentation to capture the historical events and heritage of the school. This includes, appraising, collecting, organizing, preserving and providing access to records that have been determined to have long term value.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide support and advise in relation to the school’s records management program and contributes to the record management policies, procedures, standards and records retention and disposition schedule.
- Establish physical and intellectual control over existing and future archival materials in order to allow efficient and effective access and retrieval.
- Create and encourage awareness of the archival function through various networking activities.
- Provide advice on the care and management of specialized media, for example electronic records.
- Meet legal obligations in areas such as the Personal Information Protection Act and the Ministry of Education’s requirements surrounding student records.
- Appraise records to identify which records have long-term value and facilitate the transfer to archives.
- Preserve digital and electronic records by ensuring the appropriate preservation techniques are applied.
- Provide a reference/resource delivery service and be available to provide context for the records.
- Master Degree in Archival Science with 5 years of related experience
- Knowledge of and practical experience in creating descriptions using archival descriptive standards including the Canadian Rules for Archival Description (RAD) and the International Standard Archival Description – General (ISAD-G) and its related standards
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills coupled with attention to detail
- Ability to establish and build relationships
- Familiar with different types of media (such as textual records, graphic materials, electronic files, videos’, CD’s, microfilm)
- Familiarity with Archival cataloguing software such as ICA AtoM or Eloquent
- Familiarity with scanning equipment and software
- Experience working with student records in an independent school or educational setting
Southridge offers a competitive salary and benefits package. Preferred candidates will be required to complete a satisfactory Criminal Records Check.
To apply for this position, please visit our 'How to Apply' page for step-by-step instructions on submitting an application through our online system. The closing date for this posting is July 26, 2020.
To learn more about our school, explore our website: southridge.ca.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those under consideration will be contacted.