Are you interested in learning more or do you have any questions? Please submit an inquiry form and our admissions team will follow-up with you directly.
Frequently Asked Questions
From broader questions like what kind of students Southridge is looking for or what makes Southridge different from other schools, to specific questions like the cost of tuition and whether we host an Open House, you will likely find the answer here.
Of course, if you can’t find your answer, you are always welcome to reach out to our Admissions Office.
- How much does it cost to attend Southridge?
- What are your intake grades?
- What is the total number of students per classroom?
- When can I apply?
- Does Southridge admit students partway through the year?
- How competitive is admission?
- Does Southridge offer an Open House?
- Do students need to be fluent in both written and oral English to attend Southridge?
- Does Southridge accept international students?
- What kind of student is Southridge looking for?
- What makes Southridge different from other schools?
- What type of learning support can Southridge offer to my child?
- Does Southridge offer financial assistance?
- How do we register for SSAT Testing?
- What is the minimum SSAT score considered for admission?
- What can we do to prepare for the interview?
- What does it mean when my child is placed in the wait pool?
- Do you offer a bus service?
- Can I Tour the School?
- Do You Accept Gifts?
Intake grades for the 2024-2025 school year are as follows:
- Kindergarten (36 spots)
- Grade 1 (4 spots)
- Grade 2 (4 spots)
- Grade 3 (4 spots)
- Grade 4 (4 spots)
- Grade 8 (28 spots)
- Grade 11 (4 spots)
Open House Dates:
Senior School - Wednesday, October 18, 2023
Junior School - Thursday, October 19, 2023
International students are defined as those whose parent will be in Canada with a Visitor Visa.
The most important factor in selecting an independent school is finding the right fit for your child and for your family. No two schools are the same – just as no two children are the same. We encourage you to focus not on finding the best school, but on finding the right school.
We invite all interested families to register for our annual Open House in the fall to hear from our faculty, staff, current students, and to take a virtual tour of the school.
Southridge is pleased to offer a limited number of one-time entrance Scholarships (valued at $5,000) and up to three renewable Scholarships (valued at $5,000 annually to graduation) for new Senior School students based on merit and the ability to demonstrate how they will contribute to the mission of the school.
The Admissions team is sometimes able to arrange a tour outside of what is offered at Open House. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire further.
Please be sure to take a look at our virtual tour.
- What do you consider when assessing an applicant for admission?
- What is NOT considered when assessing an applicant for admission?
- What is Community Consideration?
- How long is the admission offer valid?
- What are the possible Admission Outcomes?
- Place of origin
- Political beliefs
- Marital/family Status
- Sexual Orientation
- Gender identity or expression
- Affiliation with members of the Southridge Community
- Conviction of a criminal or summary offence that would not jeopardize the safety of the Southridge Community
- Financial contributions or promise of such to Southridge School
Southridge is committed to community and partnering with families in their children’s education. Community consideration is the preference given to an applicant who is a sibling of a current Southridge student or alumnus, or the child of a staff member or alumnus, over an external applicant, if they satisfy all admission evaluation criteria outlined in the Admissions Policy.
- Offered – the candidate is offered enrollment for the upcoming academic year.
- Accepted – the offered candidate and family have returned their enrollment contract and paid the deposit and new student registration fee within seven days, thereby securing their space for the upcoming academic year.
- Waitlisted – The student is a candidate for consideration for any openings that may yet occur via natural attrition for a single grade in a given year. If a space does not occur, the waitlisted candidate is eligible to re-apply for admission to a subsequent year, but they are not guaranteed a waitlisted or accepted outcome.
- Not Accepted – The candidate does not qualify for Accepted or Waitlisted status relative to the strength of the applicant pool. The not-accepted candidate is eligible to re-apply for admission to a subsequent year, but they are not guaranteed a waitlisted or accepted outcome.
- Declined – The candidate is given an offer of admission but declines the offer, either verbally or in writing, or does not act upon the offer within the seven-day acceptance period. The offer is thereby rendered void and the Director of Enrollment Management may offer the space to another qualified candidate. The declined candidate is eligible to apply for admission to a subsequent year, but they are not guaranteed a waitlisted or accepted outcome.
Masks and face coverings
The decision to wear a mask or face covering is a personal choice for staff, students, and visitors. An individual's choice will be supported and respected.
Southridge will have non-medical face masks available for staff, students, and visitors who have forgotten theirs but would like to wear one, or who become ill at school.
Take a 360° tour of Southridge to learn more about the school and experience what makes our school special.
Our dedicated Admissions team is ready to assist you, from the time of your initial inquiry through to enrollment. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact us and a member of our team would be happy to assist you.