Submissions for 25 Remarkable Alumni are now closed. Thank you to everyone who nominated an alumni.
In celebration of Southridge's 25th anniversary, we are recognizing the remarkable achievements of our alumni. From their contributions as volunteers and community leaders, to their academic and professional successes, our alumni are making a difference in the world.
ELIGIBILITY & CRITERIA
Individuals who received their Grade 12 diploma from Southridge School are eligible for nomination.
In evaluating nominations, a selection committee will be guided by the following considerations:
- Does the nominee live the values of Southridge School, demonstrated by their personal integrity and moral character?
- Has the nominee contributed to the greater good through extraordinary service to society?
- Has the nominee attained a high level of leadership, creativity, distinction, and/or achievement in the arts, athletics, academics, business, teaching, research, sciences, or in any other field or discipline?
The Selection Committee is comprised of various staff and faculty members, as well as three alumni representatives.
Nominations may be submitted by any individual, independently or on behalf of a group or institution. The deadline for submissions was May 31, 2019 at 4:00 pm.
Recipients and their nominator(s) will be notified by August 30, 2019 and will be recognized at a special commemorative event to be held in March 2020 at Southridge School.
Conditions of nominations include:
- Alumni may not nominate themselves.
- Nominees must be in good standing in the community.
- All nominations will be treated as confidential. Southridge will only notify a nominee if they have been selected as a recipient.
- Selections are considered conditional until the nominee agrees to accept the honour.
- In accepting, recipients must agree to be interviewed, photographed, and/or videoed. This information may be shared at special events, in our Spirit magazine, Annual Report, and on Southridge School’s social media channels and/or website.
- A nominator may nominate more than one alumnus but must complete separate submissions for each.
- Recipients should make every effort to attend a commemorative event in February 2020 to be recognized in person.
If you have any questions about our 25 Remarkable Alumni program or any of our 25th Anniversary events and activities, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.