The MYP Programme emphasizes intellectual change, encouraging students to make connections between their studies and the real world.
It fosters the development of skills for communications, intercultural understanding, and global engagement. The MYP programme aims to help students develop their personal understanding, their emerging sense of self, and responsibility in the community.
In summary, the IB MYP:
- Promotes holistic learning and the development of the students’ intellectual, social, emotional, and physical well-being.
- Provides students opportunities to develop the knowledge, understanding, attitudes, and skills they need to manage the complexities of a rapidly changing world.
- Ensures breadth and depth of understanding through disciplined and interdisciplinary studies.
- Requires the study of an additional language
- Empowers students to take action and participate in service.
- Helps prepare students for further education and a lifetime of learning
Within an IB learning community, everyone connected to the school has a vital role to play in supporting student learning and agency. Positive and compassionate relationships between students, students and adults, and adults are central to the success of this philosophy.