27 swimmers and two volunteers (Jorina and Stanford) attended the ISA swim meet on Friday at Watermania. We had a lot of Grade 8s and a lot of Grads swimming which was amazing. Just to explain some the result you will see briefly: A "B" event is for summer swimmers who do not train more than two hours a week from September to May and an "Open" event is for winter club swimmers. Summer swimmers can swim up in the "Open" category but not vice versa. Here are our top 3 finishers at ISAs - congratulations to all swimmers!!
First place finishes:
- Girls Open medley relay (1 swims each stroke: back, breast, fly, free): Catherine G, Lauren T, Cindy S and Stehpy L.
- 50m B Girls breast stroke: Lauren T.
- Mixed Open medley relay: Catherine G, Yik Jun, Cindy S and Kevin L.
- Mixed B free relay: Yik Fung Wong, Mikaela W, Ellie C, and Jeff L. (notice two grads and two Grade 8s - how cool is that!!!)
- Mixed Open free relay: Kaijia L, Madeleine C, Stephy L and Kevin L.
- Girls B free relay: Elizabeth L, Lauren T, Mikaela W, and Mia C.
Second place finishes:
- Girls B medley relay: Natassia L, Jeff L, Elizabeth L and Yik Fung.
- Mixed Open free relay: Stephy L, Ellie C, Malcolm B, and Kaijia L.
- Open Girls free relay: Cindy S, Stephy L, Madeleine C, and Catherine G
- Open Boys free relay: Kevin L, Yik Jun W, Malcolm B and Kaijia L.
Third place finishes:
- Girls B medley relay: Avery B, Ellie C, Elizabeth L, and Brighe B.
- Boys Open medley relay: Kaijia L, Yik Jun W, Malcolm B, and Kevin L.
- Girls B 50 free: Mikaela Wilson
Special thanks to Jorina and Stanford for volunteering to time keep all day long, and to Mikaela Wilson and Mia Cender for kindly supporting new Grade 8 swimmers and filling in wherever needed. What wonderful sportsmanship!
It was also great to see Isabelle Lei and Katherine Toy who were on reading break and decided to come by to support us and bring the swimmers some Celebration cookies. Both alumni swim with the University of McMasters Swim team while studying in the health science program. A wonderful day for the Storm swimmers current and past!!