Junior School (Kindergarten - Grade 7)
The Junior School is a vibrant place for elementary school aged children to grow, learn, and begin to explore and discover their unique talents and interests. We embrace an educational experience that nurtures the whole child through academics, athletics, arts, service, and character development.
The Junior School proudly offers both the International Baccalaureate (IB) Primary Years Program (PYP) and the Middle Years Program (MYP) within our Kindergarten to Grade 7 learning continuum. Both programs provide a research-based, international philosophy and framework that engages our students in rigorous and globally significant, inquiry-based teaching and learning.
Core elements of the Junior School:
- The International Baccalaureate Primary and Middle Years Programs provide the philosophy and framework for our Kindergarten - Grade 7 academic program.
- A focus on building positive relationships amongst students and teachers through daily homeroom time
- Social Emotional Learning (SEL) through the Second Step® program (K-Grade 7).
- A student services department that provides learning strategies support in and out of the classroom, and counsellors who support social and emotional wellness.
- Core and specialist subject teachers across all grades.
- Technology enhanced learning with a one-to-one laptop program beginning in Grade 5.
- An extensive co-curricular and athletics program.
- Opportunities for student-initiated action and service in the school, community, and world.
- Special events and opportunities for all students (e.g. house events, feasts, Grade 5-7 musical, K-4 arts showcase, Speech Day, etc.).
- Spacious facilities that include well-equipped classrooms, a Great Hall, library, design lab, music room, two art rooms, a science lab, large playground, and fields.
- Caring, collaborative, and committed teachers and leaders.